Wednesday, December 2, 2015

#IWSG - DECEMBER 2015 POST - AT LEAST IT'S SOMETHING!


In the crescendo of chaos that seems to be my life, whilst having a grand time playing with author Nikki McCormack's Jumping Spiders (a game we made up. On Twitter, no less), congratulating fellow #TeamDamyanti (headed by the most wonderful DamyantiG) members Jemima Pett and Guilie Castillo-Oriard on the release of their books and enjoying their successes, as much as if they were my own, playing and reveling in "Scheherazade" and then starting rehearsals for an old friend - "Rachmaninoff's Piano Concert No. 2", which is richly "viola-centric" in melodies and lines, I almost forgot that today was the day to post for #IWSG. 

Judging by the above, I have nothing regarding writing to be insecure about, because I haven't done any. This isn't tantamount to saying the dog ate the homework. This is just flat-out saying I didn't do any, or very little, with the exception of a post I wrote for #mst3k on Turkey Day. I did the Marathon with the Guys and on Twitter. Last year at this time, Jim and I would have cooked for the homeless around here and given away food, but he passed away in May. I went down to Trinity on T-Day and they were not open, so, I did the #MST3K thing and had a fine time. 

Anyway, I hope one and all had a great turkey day and all of that. Now, on to 2016!

4 comments:

Nick Wilford said...

My turkey day is yet to come (December 25th) and then I too hope to achieve more writing in 2016 than I did this year. Sounds like you've been busy in any case! Hope the rehearsals are going well.

ViolaFury said...

Nick! Thanks for stopping by! I rushed home yesterday and was in a panic. I've got too much "skin" in the #IWSG game to quit and I love this group! It would break my heart to get booted, if I missed some posts and it took me a while to remember, "oh yeah, it's the 1st Wednesday, I need to write about what I wrote last month!". I just had no excuses this month, so that's why I said "I can't even pretend the dog ate the homework!" and besides that, I have a tortoise-shell rescue. I suppose my turkey day will be on the 25th of this month as well. Yes! The rehearsals are going fabulously! The Rachmaninoff is especially sumptuous, being as "viola-centric" as it is and we have one HELL of a viola section. We've managed to include Russians on every concert I've played so far and I'm pleased with that. Our last concert will feature Richard Strauss and I'm REALLY tickled about that! Anyway, I'll be writing something between now and then. Thanks again for the visit! Now, I must see to Nikki's jumping spiders! :D

Nikki McCormack said...

We shall continue the jumping spider game and leap our way into the new year. Hugs and much love to you! :)

ViolaFury said...

@Nikki! Absolutely! It's so much fun! I really enjoy your company and comments! Hugs and much love back!