Thursday, February 28, 2013

#ROW80 1ST QTR POST 18 - WEDNESDAY CHECK IN – ARTWORK FOR SALE (HA-HA)


And this is not just any artwork. This is artwork of the finest photography taken by my ever-shaking hand. Call me the anti-YumaBev. In terms of clarity, form and content. This here is some murky stuff. Just take a ramble through some of my fine pictures:



JC and cat napping. If you look in the left 1/3 of the picture, you can imagine two white paws, very restful. Price: free.


See, I helpfully pointed them out. This is free also, should you wish to possess it. Actually, just copy the damn thing.

Animals make cute subjects for photographers, since I am not one, I find them to be a singular pain in the ass to try and take pictures of, yet I persist. This is what happened, when I was testing my new camcorder one night, which also has no night filter, and lent that extra-special dimension of creepiness we all hope for when we're taking pictures of the family doing family things about the house.


I think I had some artsy-fartsy idea of seeing the cat through a victorian era lamp, but what I've appeared to have captured is some Lovecraftian "Colour Out of Space" horror that resides in our living room. Best call out Chthulu from under the kitchen sink. He's been napping far too long anyway. Price: I give you Skittles to take this off my hands.

Before I took the famous picture of Mama kitty napping with JC, I had to test the camcorder to see if it was recording or if it was taking moving pictures. Since I don't see well in the dark (or the light for that matter) it was necessary to stand in the kitchen and press several buttons at once on a device about which I knew nothing. This is what we referred to as "learning" when I went to school to become a computer engineer. We had these things called "books" but hardly ever read them. This was a much more fun way to learn and also un-learn the messes we made that were referred to as "programs."

Anyway, I discovered the proper sequence for producing still photographs after many stops and starts and some amazingly amazing non-action sequences of my stove-top. Of course, I couldn't be bothered to turn on the light, because, eyes and I didn't want to wake the little darlings snuggling in the next room. 


Bonus points for my finger in the lower right. Price: Let's haggle.

I haven't even gotten around to the videos yet. YouTube pisses me off. Every time I upload one, they say, "this seems a bit shaky, do you want us to fix it?" What, and ruin my great art? How do you know that's not part of my artistic statement on the world, YouTube?

Here's a picture I took of Mama and then I kind of morphed it with Pic Monkey. She was all sprawled out on the bed, happy as a clam.


It was too blurred, so I filtered it. She loves to sleep like this.

The only other pictures I've ever taken that were worth a damn was the one down below of her and the ones of my viola and the one I took of the house down the street. I'm no photographer, but it sure is fun taking pictures.

4 comments:

alberta ross said...

Older cat loves to sprawl like so:) very comfortable - I have a blurred cat chasing its tail which looks a little like demonic possession - great set of pics - impressionistic photography I love it - I think you have a great future here - of course the greatest recognition will only come (as with all masters) after you have been dead at least 50 years but still:)
Your finger should be worth more than a haggle

all the best for coming week of ? writing, photography?:)

ViolaFury said...

Gee, I don't know. I may start dabbling in sculpture. I'm sure that I would be quite good at that. Basically, I'm trying every art form sans the one I actually went to school for. Once I get through desecrating all the other art forms, I may be persuaded to return to the viola. The cat may not wish to hear that, however.

Anonymous said...

Judging by these pics, you have a great future in paranormal TV... ;-)

ViolaFury said...

At last! A career that fits me! Thanks; I'll get on that portfolio immediately@